Madrid — Royal Palace
The Royal Palace is located directly follows in the vicinity of the Plaza de España. Its western façade, he goes to the park of Campo del Moro and east - to ulitse Calle de Bailen and Plaza de Oriente.
Construction of the palace was started by King Philip V (the first king of the Bourbon dynasty to the Spanish throne) in 1734, kogda almost burned down the ancient palace of the Alcazar, while the main symbol of Madrid, the former so for nine centuries, almost since the founding of the city. It is worth noting that at the time of the fire destroyed many works of art and a rich collection of paintings. The new draft of the palace, on the advice of his wife korolya Elizabeth Farnese of Parma, was commissioned by one of the most well-known at the time of Italian architects - a native of Messina, Filippo Juvarra (Spanish Huvarra). Due to the untimely death of Filippo, the project was transferred to another Italian architect - Giovanni Battista Sacchetti. Construction of the impressive size of the palace (the length of the facade was 130 meters) dragged on for decades. So poluchilos that Philip V, without waiting for the completion of the construction, died, and was the first monarch to have settled in the Royal Palace, became his successor, Charles III.
In general stroitelstve palace and its interior decoration participated many artists, mostly Italian and Spanish (Francesco Sabatini, Dzhakvinto Corrado, Domenico and Giovanni Battista Tiepolo, Ventura Rodriguez, Francisco Bayeux, etc.). It is assumed that the external appearance of it is made in the Italian style, while the interior vypolneno under the influence of the French style of the time. The palace walls built of granite mined in the Sierra de Guadarrama and white limestone from Colmenar de Oreja. The facades are decorated with Ionic columns and Doric pilasters on all sides evenly palace decorated in late baroque and neoclassical style. The palace building has three main floors and two basements. All along the upper part of the facade of the building is decorated with a cornice with balustrade, decorated with details in the form of flowers and statues of the Spanish monarchs. Vodruzhenie these statues was the reason for the anger of Charles III, who saw the palace for the first time since he found among the statues of his mother, Isabella Farnese, the main ideological inspirer of the new royal palace. Charles III commissioned Sabatini dismantle ALL the statues, which for a long time kept in the basement of the palace.
In the 19th century, the works on the organization of space around the palace - were dashed squares and sculptures of vokrug him and postroena the front area of the eastern facade, Plaza de Oriente.
In 1950, the palace was opened to the posescheniya, after the restoration of the monarchy was the residence of the king of another palace (extra Zarzuela Palace of the 17th century). At the same time, part pomescheny is still used for various official royal events.
The main facade - south - goes to the Plaza de Armeria, it is crowned by a high attic with a clock on which the emblem of the Bourbons and solar symbols. Central kompozitsiey facade is an allegory of "The Triumph of Spain" by Martin Sarmiento.
The north side of the palace is adjacent to the garden Sabatini nazvannomu in honor of the chief architect. The garden is a monument to King Charles III.
The interior of the palace assembled a fine collection of paintings. In particular, in the royal chambers are stored four paintings by Goya (two portraits Karla IV and two portraits of Maria Luisa). In neighboring elongated hall (nicknamed for his form and along the walls divany "tram") are valuable works of the Flemish, Italian and Spanish paintings, including "Head of a Woman" by Velazquez portraits of Philip IV and Isabella of Bourbon Rubens.
Among the most interesting rooms in the palace bookable identified: Dining room, china room, resting Gasparini, Pharmacy, Throne Room, Entrance Hall.
In the vestibule of the palace is located mramornaya grand staircase, designed by architect Sabatini in 1775. On the stairs is a statue of Charles III in the image of the Roman emperor. There is also a bowl with an allegory of "Triumph of the Faith and the Church" and medallions, painted in the 18th century Corrado Dzhakvinto. In the top of the grand staircase, the busts of Philip V and his wife Isabella. The ceiling in the lobby Rococo painted Dzhakvinto.
The Throne Room distinguished by an abundance of mirrors, magnificent lyustrami, silver chandeliers and decorated with various sculptures. It contains the bowl brush Dzh.B.Tepolo (1764), dedicated to the virtues of the ideal monarch (it presents an allegorical figure of mercy, justice, faith, temperance, etc.).
Following the Throne Hall is located Salon Gasparini. Here bookable highlight the work bowl Mengs "The Apotheosis of Trajan." This salon was previously used as a dining hall.
Dining room Bourbon Alfonso XII was opened in 1879. Its opening coincided with the momentous sobytiyu - the wedding of the king and his second wife Maria Cristina of Hapsburg-Lorraine. The hall is decorated with tapestries, the Chinese and the Sevres vases and frescoes ("Avrora chariot" Mengs and "Columbus before the Spanish monarchs' Antonio Vazquez).
Other attractions in Madrid:
The Prado Museum
The Royal Palace
Catedral de la Almudena de Madrid
Museo Nacional Centro de arte Reina Sofia
Plaza de Cervantes
Puerta del Sol
Iglesia San Francisco el Grande
Real Jardin Botanico
Iglesia de San Antonio
Puerta de Alcala
Museo Casa Natal de Cervantes de Alcala de Henares
Puerta de Toledo
Puerta de los Martires