Barcelona — the Palace of the Government of Catalonia
The Palace of the Government of Catalonia, the Palacio de la Generalitat de Catalunya (Palacio de la Generalidad, Palau de la Generalitat) raspolozhen in the center of Barcelona - the old town, on the right hand of the cathedral of St. Eulalia. Glavny palace facade overlooks the plaza de San Jaime.
It is the seat of pravitelstva Catalonia and is part of a small number of medieval buildings in Europe, which are still of pores are the very government agencies that built them. The appearance of this residence belongs to the top 15c, and its present appearance subtyping must work which produced in 1596 the architect Pere Blau, who made the facade facing the square San Jaime, in the Renaissance style. From the original Gothic building remained a central courtyard, a large staircase, circular gallery, the facade facing the street calle del Obispo and the facade of the chapel of St. George. In 1610-30 Pere Ferrer and his son, Pere Pau Ferrer completed facades facing the street calle san Honorato and calle de San Severo, and also created a new portal CO side calle del Obispo in the style of an Italian Mannerist Giacomo da Vignola. In subsequent periods the building was rebuilt, and in the 19th and 20th century - it was restored and finishing work. In particular, in 1928 was vozveden neo-Gothic bridge over the calle del Obispo, which has become a transition connecting the palace with the Canons of the house (casa de los Canonges).
The facade of the calle san Honorato is simple enough - it is decorated with a smooth portal with round arch and a few Gothic lancet little windows razdelennymi columns. Gothic facade facing the calle del Obispo, decorated in 1418 by sculptor Joan Pere many lancet arochek, consoles, grotesques, figured gutters and the image of St. George, is beaten by the serpent. The main facade on la plaza San Jaime, is in the Renaissance style with an eye on the tradition of Italian architecture, and has great similarities with dvortsom Farnese in Rome. It has three floors, decorated with a frieze of classical Corinthian columns and a pediment. Placed in the center of another battle image of St. George with the serpent, created in 1860 by sculptor Andreu Aleu and Tiksidorom.
Curious and interior. Salon St. George (Salón de San Jorge) refers to the 16-17 centuries, and was originally conceived as a chapel. He painted painter Joaquin Torres Garcia in 1908 with colorful frescoes depicting scenes from the Spanish stories and allegories. Another sculpture of a serpent svyatogo George Frederic Mares of standing here, refers to the 20th century. The courtyard of the palace is surrounded by a gallery with Gothic arches, but with Renaissance additions. On one of the walls of galleries posted triptych in honor of Spanish-Moroccan War of 1859 with the image of the Virgin, Isabella and Ferdinand, dobrovoltsev and the military. Another courtyard of the palace was named Orange (Patio de los Naranjos). St. George's Chapel (Capilla de San Jorge) is made in the Flamboyant Gothic style. In its sacristy houses a collection of liturgical objects and relics.
Other attractions of Barcelona:
Catedral de Barcelona
Castillo de Monjuic
Museu Nacional d’art de Catalunya
Iglesia Santa Maria del Mar
Palacio de la Generalidad de Cataluna
Iglesia del Sagrado Corazon
Basilica de la Merced
Palau de la Musica Catalana
The Royal Palace of Pedralbes
The Picasso Museum
Museu d’Art Contemporani de Barcelona, MACBA
Parc de la Ciutadella
Museu Futbol Club Barcelona President Nunes