02 introductory section
SECTION ONE. THE BASIC RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Chapter One. The Spaniards and foreigners
Chapter Two. Rights and freedoms
Part 1. Fundamental rights and public freedoms
Part 2. On the rights and responsibilities of citizens
Chapter Three. The fundamental principles of social and economic policy
Chapter Four. On guarantees of fundamental freedoms and human
Chapter Five. On the suspension of the rights and freedoms
SECTION TWO. ABOUT CROWN
SECTION THREE. About the Cortes Generales
Chapter One. About the Chambers
Chapter Two. On the development of laws
Chapter Three. On International Treaties
SECTION FOUR. ABOUT THE STATE GOVERNMENT AND ADMINISTRATION
SECTION FIVE. ON RELATIONS BETWEEN THE GOVERNMENT AND Cortes Generales
SECTION EIGHT. ON TERRITORIAL UNIT OF THE STATE
Chapter One. General Provisions
Chapter Two. Local Government
Chapter Three. On Autonomous Communities
CHAPTER NINE. THE CONSTITUTIONAL COURT
SECTION TEN. On constitutional reform
1. Spain constitutes a legal democratic social state, which claims the highest values of its legal order, justice, equality and political pluralism.
2. The support of national sovereignty is Spanish narod, the source of state power.
3. The political form of the Spanish State is a parliamentary monarchy.
The Constitution is based on the indissoluble unity of the Spanish Nation, common and indivisible homeland of all Spaniards, it recognizes and guarantees the right to autonomy of the nationalities and regions of which it is composed, and the solidarity between them.
1. Of the languages of Spain Castilian is the official state language. All Spaniards have the duty to know it and have the right to use it.
2. The other languages of Spain are official in the respective Autonomous Communities, in accordance with their statutes.
3. The rich diversity of language and dialect in Spain is part of its cultural heritage and the object of special respect and protection.
1. The flag of Spain consists of three horizontal stripes - red, yellow, and red - and yellow stripe twice as wide as each of the Reds.
2. Charters can recognize the special flags and signs independent stamp Communities. All are used in public institutions and official activities next to the national flag of Spain.
The state capital is the city of Madrid.
Political parties are an expression of political pluralism, and contribute to the formation of the will of the people and are the main tool of political participation. Parties are free to set up and carry out their activities within the framework of respect for the Constitution and the law. Their internal structure and operation must be democratic.
Trade unions and workers' associations of entrepreneurs engaged in the protection and realization of economic and social interests they represent. They are free and operate within the framework of respect for the Constitution and the law. Their internal structure and operation must be democratic.
The armed forces consist of the Ground Forces, Naval Forces and the Air Force, designed to ensure the sovereignty and nezavisimost Spain to defend its territorial integrity and constitutional order.
1. Citizens and public authorities must respect the Constitution and the law.
2. Public authorities should establish effective conditions under which freedom and equality of all people and groups formed by them are real, help to overcome obstacles and to facilitate the participation of all citizens in political, economic, cultural and social life.
3. The Constitution guarantees the principle of legality, the hierarchy of regulations for mandatory publication, the lack of retroactivity provisions punishing citizens or limit their individual rights, the right to legal protective equipment, the judicial authorities responsible for the outrage.